Sunday, June 28, 2009

Cheap Diapers!


This is to outline my journey to the best deals on diapers for Madeline.

So, I am constantly looking for great deals on everything for our family. We're a typical military-one-income-family so every penny counts. I'm sure there are many other people in a one income family that are not military... so that's not the point, haha.

Everyone tells you when you tell them you're expecting that diapers are expensive and will make a big dent in your pocketbook. No kidding.

I started purchasing my diapers at Wal Mart under the impression that they would be the least expensive... hmm, not so much.

So then I checked with Target, pretty much the same as Wal Mart but they have more sales on the big value boxes of diapers so they're a little cheaper.

We already had a Sam's Club membership, so while shopping for other items I decided to check out what value they offered. The selection was limited but the value for Pamper's Swaddlers size 1-2 was about 15 cents per diaper. Not bad, but once Maddie was out of that size, the value was gone. They didn't have Cruisers and I'm not interested in Baby Dry because they're too rough.

So then where? I frequent Babies R Us usually at least once a month. I love their clearance stands for baby clothes. They have such great deals some times. I decided to check out the diapers and saw that they were $41.99/box of 160 of size 3. That breaks down to .26 cents per diaper. Not bad, comparable to most places I've looked. I signed up for the free customer loyalty program, Rewards R Us at the checkout. Best part- purchase 9 boxes and get the 10th box free. They also send you rewards coupons and special offers. The card may give you an additional discount at the register for other products you purchase. My only issue- it takes me about a half hour to get there, so it calls for a 1 hour commute which isn't always simple with an infant.

That led me to looking online. I googled cheap diapers and one of the top sites was http://www.diapers.com/ . For Pampers Cruisers Size 3 box of 160 is $41.99. Same price as Babies R Us. But, it gets better. When you sign up as a customer, there is a $5 off your first purchase coupon and a $1 off Pampers coupon. You automatically save $6 off your first purchase. All purchases $49 or more get you free shipping that is guaranteed to get to you in 1-2 days (if you order by 6pm). Ordering 2 boxes at a time is the most economical and they are delivered to your home quickly, for free! Plus you save $6. They also have a Price Match Guarantee so if you find diapers cheaper anywhere else online, they will match that competitors price. Sounds great and sounds like my new way of getting diapers. It will save me travel time, gas money and a possibly crabby baby. Another great offer from this site is their Refer A Friend- they get $10 off their first order and you get $1 off every time they reorder. What could be better? A+++

No comments:

Post a Comment